Why Private Ski Lessons in Telluride?
December 13, 2010 in Skiing
I am often asked by skiers why they should take private ski lessons in Telluride over group lessons, or why they should take ski lessons at all, if they are already competent skiers. Here are some of my thoughts that might make you think again….
- Being taught by inspired teaching professionals who have in depth knowledge of the ski area and terrain will allow you to make the most of your on-mountain experience. Instructors know where to ski when it is blizzarding or foggy or where to find hidden pockets of powder, or they know which aspects to ski at what time of the day, depending on the time of year and prevailing conditions. Taking a lesson on a day when it is snowing heavily can make the difference between having a fantastic ski day and a terrible ski day!
- Private lessons allow you to take control of lesson times and the lesson agenda. Communicate to your instructor exactly what you are hoping to get from your lesson and the lesson will be tailored to your exact needs.
- A private lesson will be specifically catered to your personal skill level and rate of progress. You receive special attention with the right amount of teaching, coaching and guiding. No waiting for a slower member of a group or feeling like you are being pushed too hard if you are one of the weaker ones in a group.
- Know that you are in safe hands. Terrain decisions can make or break any skier. A private instructor is trained to challenge his/her students in a safe environment, based on correct terrain choices, taking into consideration many factors, such as snow conditions, weather conditions, student’s skill level, student’s attitude and athleticism, how busy it is etc.
So, these are just some of the reasons why you might want to hire a private instructor. But before I go, here are a few insider tips for you take away with you…
Insider tips when booking lessons…
- When booking any ski lesson, if you do not have a personal recommendation, always ask for a FULLY qualified instructor. This will ensure that you receive a highly experienced instructor and the best quality instruction possible.
- Get together a small group of people who ski at a similar level and who have the same goals and share a private lesson. Most ski schools allow you to bring up to around 6 people into a lesson, often at little or no extra cost.
- If you are group of several people, but with differing skill levels, why not hire a private instructor for the day and split the lesson between you…..one, two or three hours each, depending on how many of you there are.
I hope you found this information useful and I have inspired you to take Private Ski Lessons in Telluride, but if you have any additional questions, I’ll be happy to answer them. Just leave me a comment below and I’ll get back to you ….